The new year brings the promise of new beginnings. The most exciting thing about New Year’s Eve is that moment when the clock strikes midnight and last year becomes the past and fresh starts await. It’s the time for commitments to make changes in your life, relationships, and circumstance – a time for resolutions, to set goals, and achieve goals.
There’s no reason to wait for the new year to set new goals and work to achieve them. The author C.S. Lewis said, “You are never too old to set another goal or to dream another dream.” We have the opportunity with every new day to take charge of our lives and start anew. When I decided to start competing in NPC bodybuilding competitions, I took that August day and made a plan to make it happen. I competed in my first show 12 weeks later at 43 years old! Every season I set a new goal and get a plan in place to achieve them. I’ve competed in five shows now and making plans to compete in my next one!
Maybe you want to….
- Get healthier
- Learn to paint
- Lose weight
- Change jobs
- Get out of debt
- Take a vacation
- Stay at home with your kids
- Volunteer for a cause you support
Whatever your goals, the odds of achieving them are greater if you put both feet in the water than standing on the side of the pool thinking about getting your toes wet!
Okay. I know what you are thinking:
- I can’t just get started. I don’t know where to begin.
- There’s a lot to think about.
- What if I can’t do it? I’m afraid of failing.
- What will people think?
- People will laugh at me.
- I don’t even know what I want to do!
Stop worrying! Start brainstorming and planning to meet your goals and realizing your dreams:
- Stop overthinking everything.
- Stop being negative to yourself.
- Stop worrying about what other people think.
- Be kind to yourself and realize that you can do anything.
- Think positive! Create good energy and good things will boomerang back to you
- Imagine yourself doing what you want the most and find a way to make it happen.
- Stop saying I CAN’T and start saying I CAN!
- Brush the haters off! Stop surrounding yourself with negative people who bring you down.
- Surround yourself with positive people who lift you up and support your goals and dreams.
- Create a vision board with a goal planning chart and make your dreams a reality.
Guess what? Your time is now. Tomorrow is a whole new day. Get your goals on!!! What are you waiting for?